Ye Olde Mental Ray Render

Where we’re going...

Almost finished one of two train models I’ll be producing for an interactive video online adventure extravaganza, or, as I’ve catchly abbreviated it to: IVOAE.
Look at that lack of saturation, it’s gotta be from the past!
 The other will either be from the present or the future, I’ve got to do a bit of writing rather than just basing everything off the initial, vague concept. I've been working on this for about 3 months very casually. 3DS Max is great for casual mechanical modelling. I've mostly been twiddling sliders and tweaking modifiers.
Ferroequinologists among you will be able to tell me if I’m right in thinking that I’ve wrongly modelled an American train, I was going by multiple schematics and flickr photos as reference, I feel a fool since it'll be riding on British Rails...but then it will also be time travelling/flying so maybe I'll get away with a little historical/geographical discrepancy.  
Oh no! You've fallen behind the scenes, how ever will you get out?
 Going to texture the heck outta this...as soon as I stop humming the Thomas The Tank Engine tune (sans Mr Fiddy Cent).

...we don’t need roads, blogosphere.


POSTED BY Matthew Wood
POSTED IN
DISCUSSION 0 Comments

Leave a Reply